Zombies are coming to London but we don’t know how to control them!
Our control centre is getting information from different sensors that can detect the zombies passing by. But every second there are more and more! Processing the information of 100 sensors is not the same as doing it with 1 million.
Will you help us?
Amazon Kinesis enables you to continuously capture and store data from multiple sources such as website clickstreams, financial transactions, social media feeds, IT logs, and location-tracking events. Once collated Kinesis allows you to build applications that process or analyse data for specialised needs
Kinesis has many use cases, particularly with the rise of IoT begins a new generation in the world of big data processing. This drives a requirement to manage data ingress from many internet connected sensors around the world and make real-time decisions to be executed by these devices. Therefore, the time is right to start leveraging new services to handle processing of streaming data, such as Amazon Kinesis.
To take part in this workshop you’ll need:
• AWS free account
• Google Chrome browser
• Programming environment with support for Maven (Netbeans, Intellij, Eclipse…)
The Welcome to AWS Kinesis Zombieland workshop will be taught by Javi Moreno, Resident Futurist & Evangelist at CAPSiDE.
Welcome to AWS Kinesis Zombieland schedule
- 18:00 – 18:10h: Welcome
- 18:10 – 18:40h: Introduction to Amazon Kinesis
- 18:40 – 19:00h: Setting up Amazon Kinesis
- 19:00 – 20:00h: Programming a Zombie visualisation
- 20:00 Q&A and a beer
- This FREE workshop is limited to 20 people so everyone can have a good experience.
- The Welcome to AWS Kinesis Zombieland is a technical hands-on workshop. Everyone participating must bring a laptop with WiFi.