- Mitsubishi Electric is a Japanese manufacturer of electrical and architectural materials, and one of the largest global manufacturers of photovoltaic panels.
- It is an international company listed in the important Japanese TOPIX stock index, located in 5 continents and experienced in industrial machinery.
- Since 1990 has a branch in Sant Cugat del Vallès (Barcelona), and it is located also in Madrid, Valencia and Sevilla.
- With the corporate slogan “Changes for the Better”, Mitsubishi Electric Corporation demonstrates its desire to produce high value-added original products that generate minimal impact on the environment.
- Official Website of Mitsubishi Electric Spain.
- Reduce costs of IT infrastructure consolidating 6 servers of Microsoft SQL Server.
- Study the unknown infrastructure of the client to be able to offer a suitable optimisation solution.
- Get to measure the improvements after the consolidation based on the savings in licensing and maintenance.
The deep expertise and work methodology of CAPSiDE empowered us to consolidate our SQL Server environments in record time, reducing costs and increasing availability. The project made no negative impact on service and provided a very high ROI to our company.
Systems Expert at Mitsubishi Electric Spain
What CAPSiDE did…
- Setup configuration and implementation of a detailed and customised monitoring system on the database servers of SQL Server.
- Analyse the obtained data from the monitoring phase to see first-hand the real usage of the infrastructure in order to evaluate the options of usage and performance optimisation.
- Consolidation of 6 servers of Microsoft SQL Server into only 1, unifying them in only two instances of SQL Server.
Results and benefits for the client
- Economic savings by reducing the costs of licensing, maintenance and usage of the machines: electrical power, refrigeration, etc.
- Dispose more machine power and isolation at the development environment to avoid negative impact on the production environment.
- Bigger and better knowledge of the actual use of its infrastructure and the real platform sizing requirements.